Executive Director of Assets and Development
Job title: Executive Director of Assets and Development
Team: Executive Management Team
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Assets Team, Environmental Team, Development Team
Main Purpose of Job
- Accountability for the delivery and performance of key services including asset management planning and service delivery, compliance health and safety works, strategic approach and delivery of affordable homes programme, management of in house environmental team and client management of Joint Venture Partnerships – Avela Home Service and Avela Developments.
- Overall responsibility for all strategic and operational functions for development and regeneration activity including the delivery of current and future development programmes including sales and future growth, reporting direct to Chief Executive and both SLH and Avela Boards.
- Responsible officer for the development and delivery of SLH’s Every Place Perfect strategy, ensuring a robust approach to asset management, incorporating the delivery of high quality, professional and customer-focused responsive and planned investment services to support the achievement of SLH’s corporate objectives.
- Be the lead Director for Avela Services Ltd ensuring effective support and direction for the commercial Board and its activities, ensuring positive rates of return from commercial activity.
- Responsible Officer for ensuring the quality and cost management of all Repairs and Maintenance activity, setting appropriate budgets and delivering value for money.
- Overall responsibility and duty holder for all landlord health and safety functions within SLH. Reporting direct to Board and Audit & Risk Committees.
- Lead officer for all procurement activity, ensuring that all activity adheres to legal and regulatory requirements ensuring probity and value for money is demonstrated.
Key objectives and tasks
- Deliver effective, efficient and customer led planned and responsive repair services, using intelligence and customer influence to consistently improve services.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of SLH’s growth strategy.
- Responsible for identifying, procuring and delivering commercial opportunities for both SLH and Avela.
- Develop and implement the approach to decarbonisation of existing and future stock to deliver net carbon zero by 2050, using funding and innovation opportunities to maximise.
- Responsibility for the management of in house environmental services team.
- Overall responsibility for the management of all asset, commercial and development budgets with an annual value of circa £13m.
- Responsible for identifying and appraising suitable schemes for future development programmes.
- Responsible for Identify funding opportunities and prepare capital bids for funding to agencies such as Homes England.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of all development activities undertaken within the group.
- Deliver individual and team performance to agreed KPI’s within budget and have a clear understanding of key business priorities and performance indicators throughout the SLH, including targets set within the Joint Venture Partnerships.
- Carry out effective financial planning and budget setting for all responsible areas of operation.
- Provide a range of professional technical advice and assistance to both technical and non-technical staff in order to enhance service delivery.
- Ensure that both informal and formal customer complaints, including, MP and, Councillor enquiries, disrepair and insurance claims are handled and dealt with properly, within agreed targets and in line with SLH’s complaint policy.
- Oversee the stock condition database and manage a programme of stock condition surveys to ensure that up to date records are maintained to inform the planning and development of SLH’s assets.
- Implement and review all related strategies, policies and procedures to enhance service delivery and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all computerised asset management systems and data held across the Group and by service providers is effectively managed and utilised to help continuously improve service efficiency and effectiveness, as well as shaping service development in line with customer needs and best practice. Ensure all SLH data held by previous contractors is deleted from their systems.
- Oversee a robust approach to compliance including asbestos management, gas safety, legionella, building and fire Safety ensuring as a minimum legislative requirements are met.
- Take responsibility for championing sustainability, equality and diversity in asset management
- Responsible for the effective facilities management of all SLH offices, depot and storage, as well as commercial lets.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety legislation and ensure all staff, group operating businesses and partner contractors remain equally compliant.
- To embrace and participate in own personal development initiatives, identifying training opportunities, in order to increase skills and knowledge and ensure that objectives and performance targets are achieved.
- To deliver a regular schedule of communication activities with internal and external stakeholders to share information, agree actions, promote successes and develop improvements.
- To maintain a functional business continuity plan for areas of responsibilities to minimise operational and financial impact of any unforeseen event.
General Terms & Conditions
- To prepare and present papers and reports as to the Board of Management and its Committees.
- Be well-connected and in touch with initiatives in the market as well as representing the organisation at conferences, seminars, public engagements and local, regional and national meetings as appropriate. Including leading with key stakeholders such as the City Council, RSH and Homes England.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety Legislation.
- To observe and promote equality and diversity principles in all activities.
- To keep abreast of changes in legislation and wider issues and review, recommend and implement changes in policy, procedure and working practices that will improve service delivery and contribute to the achievement of strategic priorities.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post as required and to meet changing business needs.
- The contents of this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take account of changes and developments in service requirements.
- I agree to act in accordance and actively promote the Group’s Equality & Diversity commitments in all areas of work.
|Qualification||Educated to degree standard or equivalent
Relevant Professional Qualification – RICS preferred
|Experience||Proven senior management experience within the social housing property maintenance and investment sector, with experience of managing multi-disciplinary staff and operational teams in the delivery of Repairs and Maintenance and of the whole Development function from conception to delivery||E|
|Significant staff management experience with proven ability to bring out the best in people, inspire confidence and respect and to measure and maximise individual and team performance||E|
|Proven experience of operating within a partnership environment||E|
|Experience of supporting major organisational change and engaging staff, tenants and residents to provide customer focussed services and improve service delivery||E|
|Experience of effective budgeting, financial monitoring and building major asset and development work programmes.||E|
|Knowledge||Knowledge of good practice in commissioning, procurement, (including UK Find a Tender Services) and value for money in matters relating to asset management||E|
|Commitment to and ability to develop working relationships with tenants, residents, staff and other external partners to deliver results||E|
|Ability to prepare and present high quality professional reports on complex asset management, development and investment subjects||E|
|Ability to analyse operational costs and identify efficiencies and effectively implement changes to realise efficiencies including developing environmentally sustainable strategies||E|
|Personal qualities||Committed to quality, customer service, best practice, and value for money in all aspects of the organisations operation.||E|
|Ability to deliver results, to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.||E|
|Ability to both lead teams and work well as a team member.||E|
|Resilient leader, able to motivate and inspire the team in the face of challenge.||E|
|Other||Resilient and robust with a positive outlook.||E|
|Dynamic and energetic with a high degree of personal drive.||E|