Executive Director of Operations
Job title: Executive Director of Operations
Team: Executive Management Team
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Income Enforcement Manager, Neighbourhood and Community Safety Manager, Community Services Manager, Community Investment Manager
Main Purpose of Job
- To ensure high quality support and life enhancing services are provided across all neighbourhoods served by SLH, thereby supporting long term neighbourhood sustainability and the development of new products and services that not only enhance the SLH offer to customers but earn additional income for the organisation. Ensure that customer service provision maximises customer satisfaction and regulatory assessment scores at optimum resource and cost to support the achievement of SLH’s strategic priorities and corporate objectives.
- To provide effective direction and leadership for the following teams for which this post has direct
- Income Management.
- Neighbourhood Services.
- Community Safety.
- Housing Administration hub.
- Community Investment.
- Community Services.
Vision and Leadership
- In conjunction with the Board and as part of the executive, provide vision, leadership and direction to the organisation, taking collective responsibility for executive team decisions.
- Build effective relationships with external stakeholders to further the interests of SLH.
Key objectives and tasks
- Lead and deliver high performance and quality standards which are continually improved to maximise customer satisfaction and deliver value for money.
- Deliver performance targets set in KPIs as part of the performance management framework – taking the lead on maximising income recovery for the organisation in line with business targets and objectives.
- Drive optimum performance and maximise potential through the recruitment, development and motivation of colleagues in the Neighbourhood Management directorate.
- Responsible for and lead on the Every Customer Happy strategy for the organisation, working with other business areas to ensure a co-ordinated approach to excellence in customer service.
- Provide strategic direction on the sales programme ensuring targets are met.
- To drive optimum performance and drive potential through the development and motivation of all staff within the Community Services Team, Income Team, Community Investment Team, Housing Administration Hub, Neighbourhood and Community Safety Team.
- Lead the planning, development and delivery of a range of employment and training, volunteering and skills development programmes to improve life opportunities, maximise the potential of our customers and sustain our communities.
- Lead the Community Investment Team to deliver high quality health and wellbeing initiatives across our neighbourhoods ensuring medium and long term funding mechanisms are in place.
- Ensure clear processes exist for tenants and residents to influence and shape service and neighbourhood delivery. Ensuring SLH is open and transparent to all tenants and residents.
- Ensure the delivery of an efficient voids & lettings service that meets the needs of SLH customers and business targets.
- To maximise the potential public relations and reputational impact of organisational success by networking and maintaining productive collaborative working relationships with external agencies to ensure SLH is well placed to influence others and to benefit from opportunities available.
- Work closely with teams across SLH to ensure involvement in shaping future development activity to reflect the aspirations of SLH customers.
- To ensure an effective and robust Community Safety service is provided that minimises risk and maximises safety for all residents and that has the potential to generate external services to other organisations to enhance the Group’s offer beyond existing neighbourhoods.
- Responsible for effective budget planning, control and monitoring of all service areas in order to maximise the most efficient use of resources, contribute to corporate efficiency targets and look at ways to achieve VFM in delivery of services to customers.
- Responsible for identifying risks within the service area responsible for and for managing control systems to enable risks to be managed effectively.
- Take the organisational lead for the implications of Welfare Reform, ensuring the SLH Board are kept updated on threats to income streams and that the income management team are managing accounts effectively.
- To ensure customer complaints are resolved swiftly and learning is embedded in future service delivery across all service areas.
- To ensure that all activities in the services areas responsible for are carried out with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety legislation.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the business and corporate plan and relevant strategy action plans and policies as they relate to the Operations directorate.
- To set high standards of behaviour that inspire a culture that supports continuous improvement, enthusiasm, creativity and positivity in attitude.
General Terms & Conditions
- To prepare and present papers and reports as appropriate to SLH board and committees.
- Be well-connected and in touch with initiatives in the market as well as representing the organisation at conferences, seminars, public engagements and local, regional and national meetings as appropriate.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety Legislation.
- To observe and promote equality and diversity principles in all activities.
- To keep abreast of changes in legislation and wider issues and review, recommend and implement changes in policy, procedure and working practices that will improve service delivery and contribute to the achievement of strategic priorities.
- Responsibility in relation to risk management in appropriate service areas, participating in any internal and external audits.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties within the scope and grade of the post as required and to meet changing business needs.
- The contents of this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take account of changes and developments in service requirements.
- As a member of SLH I agree to act in accordance and actively promote its Equality & Diversity commitments in all areas of work.
|Qualification||Educated to degree standard or equivalent
Relevant Professional Qualification – CIH preferred
|Experience||Substantial experience of operating at senior management level in social housing and/or related sectors, with a track record of delivering quality housing and neighbourhood services||E|
|Experience of operating strategically within the context of the social housing sector||E|
|Experience of embedding a culture of performance management and compliance that places the customer at the heart of service delivery||E|
|Knowledge||Proven experience of successfully delivering in a highly customer focussed business, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction||E|
|Able to influence the behaviour of others, plan them approaches and communicate clearly using a variety of techniques||E|
|Able to analyse and make deductions from, information in order to form judgements and take decisions.||E|
|Able to work proactively and take responsibility for getting things done||E|
|Personal qualities||Committed to quality, customer service, best practice, and value for money in all aspects of the organisation’s operation.||E|
|Ability to deliver results, to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.||E|
|Ability to both lead teams and work well as a team member.||E|
|Resilient leader, able to motivate and inspire the team in the face of challenge.|
|Other||Resilient and robust with a positive outlook.||E|
|Dynamic and energetic with a high degree of personal drive.||E|